Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hippo Birdie to you!

Hello Crafty Friends!!   Today is my day to post at Craftin Desert Diva's Blog this is the card I made using the new stamp set Hippo Birdie!  I just love this little set!  I also used The Sky is the Limit dies and Outdoor Landscape dies.

***Disclaimer***
Before I begin 'my' instructions, I must tell you that I cased this card from Therese from Lost in Paper.  I recently found her through youtube and I am just in love with the designs of her cards.  So, I take no credit in the design of this card.  Thank you Therese for being so talented and creative!

I stamped the images on 1.25"x 1.75" rectangle using Memento ink in tuxedo black and I colored all the images with my copics. I masked the images to get them to either sit behind or in front of each other.  I glued them to the black strip to make it look like a photo strip and I popped dotted them on the card.  For the background I had a cloud template and sponged the clouds with Tim Holtz's distress ink in tumbled glass and for the hills I made a template with the Outdoor Landscape dies and sponged them in TH's mowed lawn distress ink onto the card then cut out one more hill, sponged them and glued on top for dimension.  The clouds are from The Sky is the Limit die set and I sponged around the edges with tumbled glass ink and popped dotted the cloud with the sentiment.  I hand drew the musical notes (as you can probably tell LOL)  I hope you enjoy! 







CDD Products used:

Hippo Birdie 




Thanks for stoppin' by!
steph


6 comments:

  1. This is just absolutely darling. Thanks for sharing such a sweet little ditty on this first day of August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOVE this card!! The design is fab!! And that sweet little birdie upside down on the hippo's back is just darling Steph!!! CUTENESS!! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete