Thursday, May 12, 2016

Craftin Desert Diva's May Release Sneak Peeks

Hello Crafty Friends!

This week has been the Sneak Peek for Craftin Desert Diva's May Release.  I made two cards for 3 of the new stamp sets being released, Prickly stamp set, This & That stamp set and Adventure Land stamp set. 

 I also made my first card making video featuring Prickly and This & That stamp sets.  I was extremely nervous doing the voice over.  I hope I get better with time.  





I watercolored the background using Tim Holtz's watercolor paper and distress inks, copic markers to color the cactus and black embossing powder for the sentiment.  For the stitched rectangle mat I used Mix It Up dies and Fairy Dust sequins to finish off my card.  The finished card size is 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".


Here is the video I made showing how I made the card.  You can also click on the link to watch it in YouTube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJMiVQmZKo




For my 2nd card I used Adventure Land and This & That stamp sets.  I again used the Mix It Up dies for stitched rectangle mat cut in TH's watercolor paper.  I then used my blending tool to blend TH's distress inks for the background, spritzed with clear water and patted with a paper towel to absorb the drops which picks up the color of the ink.  I then splattered white acrylic paint and Perfect Pearls mixed with water to make the 'stars'.  I colored the images with Copic markers and embossed the sentiment with homemade white glittered embossing powder, which didn't emboss the best but I kinda liked the way it looked so I let it be.  I added Glossy Accents to the window of the rocket ship and Clear Wink of Stella to the red parts on the ship and planet.  As an afterthought I should've added it to the stars too but  I didn't and I don't know why! LOL  I added some white details with my white Gelly Roll pen.  So, without further ado......





Friday the 13th all of release will be available in the CDD shop!  Also, we are having a Blog Hop Friday starting at the CDD blog.  Be sure to join us!!

Thanks for stoppin' by!
steph







1 comment: