Sunday, August 21, 2016

CDD Sneak Peek Day 4 August Release



Hello Crafty Friends!

This week we are showcasing the August Release over at Craftin Desert Divas Facebook Event Page.   Come and join us for the Sneak Peeks and there are prizes to be won also!  

Today is the last day of Sneak Peeks and tomorrow, the 22nd & 23rd, starts the Blog Hop starting here.

Here is my project for the new Your Wish stamp set.  This is stamp set is so very cute, funny and snarky just my style.


I stamped the monkey then masked him to stamp the genie and then masked her to stamp the carpet.  I colored the images with Copic markers, remasked them to use my distress inks with a blending tool to make the background.  I die cut the cloud from The Sky is the Limit Dies to make a template to use for making the background.  Although you can barely see the clouds they are there.  The reason why you can't see them is because I messed up around the girl and tried to use a marker to fix it.  Well, this made it worse so I took clean water and brush and just dabbed water to make more 'clouds' taking away the definitions of my original clouds.  I just went with it and spritzed some water droplets and also spritzed perfect pearls too.  So, the moral of the story is don't give up when you think you have ruined your entire piece!  It's not perfect but I didn't think it should've been thrown out.  :)  I popped dotted the cloud with fun foam.  The frame is cut using the large scallop die from Fancy Frame Dies.  The paper I used is X-press It Blending Card for Copics.  The pink and white cs is Core'denations from Joanns.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today!
Thanks for stoppin' by!
steph

No comments:

Post a Comment